If you are like most people you do not give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or before it comes time to buy a new one. In order to get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be useful to understand how a refrigerator keeps your food and drinks cold—and Express Vista Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to find out all you will want to know concerning how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it is the time to connect with refrigerator repair Vista.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-have appliance for many years now. A refrigerator will store food at the best temperature, in order to eliminate spoilage and slow down bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by moving the heat from the interior of the unit to the exterior, by using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Express Vista Appliance Repair:
A compressor is both a motor and pump, and it’s need for circulation of refrigerant in the system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should enlist a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is located on the back outside panel of the appliance and will help to emit the heat collected from within the refrigerator then out in the air.
A refrigerator evaporator is located in the inside of the refrigerator where it absorbs warmth trapped within it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
Right when the evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to enlist a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transferred within a capillary tube which works as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming it back into a liquid.
The thermostat regulates the temperature inside the refrigerator, starting a new cooling period when it is required.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Vista for repair right when a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature within a refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors signal the compressor to start, and then the cool down starts. The refrigerator collects the cold liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor directs the warm gas towards the condenser coils located on the exterior of the unit, at which point it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquified state.
3. The cooled liquified gas then continues on its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator component, finding its way through the coils on the interior of the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The coolant then absorbs the warm air from the interior of the appliance, reducing the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The liquid will evaporate, and will return back into a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in a number of applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting heat from one place and moving it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your home, provides a safe storage space for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require service? You can schedule service with Express Vista Appliance Repair.
Express Vista Appliance Repair is able to service nearly all standard brands and models of refrigerators – including industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed service technicians in Vista complete training to fix cooling issues, malfunctioning ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart systems and countless other problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working